Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Festinord: Part 2

The next day was pretty uneventful I think.
I fell asleep in a Women in the Scriptures class, walked around Naantali, and tried to flirt it up with European men. It didn't really work.

At the next dance that night, it was not the same. Instead of a DJ playing the top 40 club hits of the moment, it was a live band. Us Americans were a little confused. How do you dance to this?

You don't. You only get to dance if a guy comes up and asks you. Then you sway back and forth because they don't teach us how to properly dance in America. I was asked by a few guys throughout the night, including a guy from Iceland who spun me around every few seconds. But I kept seeing the guy I had met at the dance the night before in the corner of my eye. Why couldn't I stop looking at him? And he was obviously with another girl the entire night, better just ditch that option.

I finally just ended up dancing with a few of my new friends in a group because it was getting boring waiting for a guy to come and ask you to dance. It was much more fun. Suddenly, I look to my left and there is Wes.
"Can I join you guys?"
"Of course!"

After a little while of dancing, I get a tap on my arm. He leaned over and asked if I had a date for tomorrow to the gala night, which is basically like a prom for Festinord. I, of course, didn't because my flirting game is pretty terrible. Not to mention I didn't even know that you were supposed to get dates for the gala night. So I responded with a no I don't have a date.

Believe it or not, I was asked to accompany this incredibly handsome guy to the lovely ball.
We danced, we ate berliners, we talked to a guy about leggings, and walked around the block a couple of times.


Then we went to the after party on the beach where we ran into the water and immediately regretted it.
 
And before I knew it,
everybody was right..
I was in big trouble.

No comments: