Wednesday, December 31, 2014

My adult Christmas

I watched White Christmas a few times, I decorated our tree, but for the most part.. this Christmas was very.. uneventful? I spent most of the days napping or working. I didn't buy any of my presents until the 22nd and 23rd.

My parents asked me many times what I wanted for christmas. As we grow up, I feel like our wish list for Santa becomes boring. It's no longer that new barbie or that amazing new toy we saw on TV that we just had to have.
We either have something we want that isn't very likely to get because it costs too much money.
Or it's something we need that we just really don't want to spend the money to get.

So for me, I wanted a plane ticket to Europe.
But I needed an electric toothbrush and running shoes.


I also received a bright yellow sweater, high rise jeans (my absolute favorite jeans), terribly great boots and four pairs of comfortable socks.

So I got my shoes and my toothbrush.


Getting some fitnass going. I finally have weights to work out my arms so I can get super ripped biceps.


I sent out a package to Switzerland and it got there far before Christmas.

On Christmas Eve, I still didn't get a package back.

But just yesterday, this came in the mail.


Oxford University sweatshirt from Oxford, England. I wanted one so badly while visiting Wes and we were too busy so we forgot to get one. It's truly legitimate.

 It wasn't that I was a Scrooge, I just wasn't into it this year. I feel like the magic of Christmas is slowly dimming as I get older. This year I blame it on the non-exsistent snow. But it was still a very good Christmas, I blame it on the beautiful snow that fell on Christmas Eve.

No comments: