Sunday, December 5, 2010

a perfect match.

i changed my blog name.
i just got sick of it.
don't know why.
it had the major cheese factor from the beginning.
so i stuck to my good old name.
i love my name.

but i didn't always love it.

in my younger days, i hated my name. i always asked my mom why she named me such a dumb name, and especially a name nobody ever spelled correctly.
"why couldn't you name me jessica? or jennifer?"
and all my teachers would call me cindy.
sydnee and cindy are two very different names.
 
as i got older i slowly started to like my name.
in junior high i'd say about ninety percent of people i associated with called me syd.
syd. it was so short. so simple. so unique.

as high school approached, it became sydnee.
it was the perfect name. i fell in love with my name.
until i was completely smitten with it.
i love the way it looks when it's written, especially in cursive.
the big swooping S, the perfect Y, the two looping E's.
please spell my name right. because i love when it is spelled right.
i love the way it sounds.
it sounded the best coming from him right after an "i love you...."

my mom's answer when i asked why she had to name me sydnee, her answer was,
"i've always loved that name, i wanted a beautiful name to match a beautiful girl"

3 comments:

caihay said...

I used to hate my name too, but now i love it! i love the shortened 'cai' and the unique way it's spelled.

Kate! said...

oh syd I love this. just gotta tell you :)

Nicole said...

oh i love your name. it fits you like a perfect shirt.