Wednesday, June 26, 2013

small crown braid tutorial

I love love love braiding my hair.
I love doing full crowns of braids but it's quite time consuming.
So I often do the small crown braid for my hair.

It's really simple but there's just a couple tricks I've picked up with trial and error


1. Start braiding on one side from the very front pieces of your hair. Don't braid it straight forward otherwise it'll make a nice little bump when you pull it back later. Make sure you're pulling your hair back when you braid.
2. & just keep on braiding.
3. & repeat on the other side
4. One trick I've learned is when you're braiding, especially with small braids, when you're done, pull the braid out so it flattens and is also wider. it looks much better when you do this with your braids
5. take one side and pin it just behind your ear (if your hair is longer and it goes past your ear, loop the rest so it goes underneath the initial braid)
6. repeat on the other side, tuck the tail of the braid underneath the other braid.
7. pin pin pin pin, it will fall if you don't!
8. and voila! you've got some beautiful braids.

am I doing okay with these tutorials?
any specific hairstyle?
alright then.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you have gorgeous hair. i'm excited to try this tutorial.

Amanda Schroeder said...

LOVE this. You are stunning. And so is your hair. I will be trying this!!