Saturday, January 4, 2014

Braided side bun

HEY YA.
So in China I got to teach a class full of girls.
What did I teach them?
How to braid their hair.


I came up with tons of different styles for them to do and I had way too fun doing it.
So back to hair tutorials!


This is a hair style I like to call,
the braided side bun?
sure.
let's go with that.


1. I like to do a deep part for this style so that that braid goes across your head and is more noticeable.
2. Start french braiding where your part starts. I like to get a wide piece.
3. Braid across the top of your head like I did in the picture. Grab big pieces of hair while french braiding so as to make the braid bigger and beautiful!
4. Keep on braiding past your ear and across the back of your head. Your arms will start to cramp up. Get used to it. Make sure you're pulling tight so that it won't sag when you tie it.
5. Braid until you get to other side of your head.
6. Tie a ponytail.
7. This is just my preference, I like to tease before I make a bun. It gives your bun more volume and makes it bigger.
8. Turn that ponytail into a bun. Start swirling it. Pin as you go.
9. Pin all your little flyaways until you get a nice bun.
10. VOILA!

This is my favorite updo to do. It's casual enough to wear on a regular day but you can also wear it to a fancy place if you're dressed fancy enough!

I love french braids. Like it's a true love.

No comments: