Monday, January 13, 2014

Prone to wander endlessly

I'm still in the same room I was in when I was 4 years old.
I've customized this room so many times.
I painted it yellow when I was 9 years old.
I painted it blue when I was 17.

Now I feel like my room is stuck in the same way it was when I was in high school.
I really don't like that. I'm 21 now. I should make it feel like my room. Not my 17 year old self.
I've grown physically and in many other ways. So I'm in project mode.
I'm tearing down as much as I can.
(kind of)

my mom won't let me paint since she says I won't be in there very much longer
(um thanks mom?) .... she's right though.
so I took down almost all of my wall art.
And am starting to move a lot of my furniture.
It's pretty bare.


Here is one wall. It's the biggest wall I have without something on it.
I had a small-ish world map that I knew I wanted to hang there for sure.
So I went a little nuts on this one.


Can I say something that might shock you a little bit?

I didn't buy anything for this whole wall.

I had all of these frames on hand.
My dad had this extra bulletin board that he bought for one of his jobs (he's a contractor), but ended up just sitting in his workshop. I staked claim on that thing.

The pictures are places I want to go most at this very moment.
I only printed out three of the pictures from my computer.
The other four pictures came from an old travel book my dad bought me years ago.
I've read every sentence of that book at least 5 times.
So I cut out the pictures of my favorite cities.
The ones I've read their descriptions at least 10 times.

The small ones (from top left): Moscow, Banff national park, Reykjavik, Edinburgh, and Prague.
The two big ones: Me sitting on the great wall, and Park City (my favorite city in Utah)

and the quote is from this amazing song
"Curse my restless, wandering feet. Prone to wander endlessly."

The map?
Oh it just has a pin in every place I want to visit in my lifetime.


A lot of them are in Europe,


and good ol' North America


Now here's my absolute favorite question to ask people,

If you could travel anywhere in the world,
where would you go?

No comments: