Saturday, March 21, 2015

Time Killer

I've picked up a weird new hobby too occupy my time. Don't really know where it came from, but now I can't stop.
Embroidery

I found an image on Pinterest that caught my attention and for some reason thought to myself, "I have to embroider that."
So I did!


- I pulled up the picture on my computer and did my best to sketch it out from what I could see.
- After I had it down to what I wanted, I traced it in dark ink. Then I laid my white fabric over top of my sketch and traced it the best that I could.
- Then I sat down on my carpet, turned on some Parks and Rec, and stitched my little heart out.


After I had done all of it, it just didn't feel complete. So I added a little extra


Then it felt complete


This was my very first embroidery project. I'm not going to lie, I am really proud of it. It takes a lot of effort for me to finish a project. Let alone finish it well. 

I think I'll stick to this hobby for a while.

2 comments:

Shelby said...

This is so awesome!! Now I want to make one!

Hannah G said...

Dear Sydnee,

I miss your guts.
I mean, not your actual guts but.. you know what I mean. I love reading your blog on the regular and getting updated on your life. You are so smart and talented! I hope you're doing well. In the words of Leslie Knope, you are a poetic and noble land mermaid. Keep doin you.

--Hannah Grimmett