Sunday, September 21, 2014

Bonjour, Paris! Part 3

I woke up to a blaring alarm. I think I got about 4 hours of sleep.
Packed all my stuff back up in my backpack, pulled my hair into a top knot and set out for day two of another Parisian experience.
I walked to the nearest metro station. On the way there, I mistakenly made eye contact with a guy (note to any girl who would ever find yourself in a city where you feel a little unsafe, try to never make eye contact with anyone. I know sometimes you can't help it but whenever I had a run in with a shady guy, it was because I made eye contact with them.). He started yelling at me in french and walking straight towards me. I quickly side stepped him and made a B-line for the metro station. Luckily there were enough people around for the guy to do anything too stupid. And after I was able to catch my breath and get my heart to beat at a normal pace, I was okay.

I ended up wandering around and finding little gems.





I met my lovely friend Haley at the Louvre and then we strolled down the Champs Elysees




I somehow found my lovely friend Haley in this crazy city. It was a great taste of home.





All in all, I would say I liked my Paris trip.

WARNING: Stop reading if you don't want your dreams to be crushed




The city is, however, quite different than you would think. Lots and lots and lots of tourists. And dirt. And thieves. And poop.
Let me just warn you about something though, there is a thing called "Paris Syndrome".
American's come to Europe and Paris is top of the list. You have to see Paris right?
WRONG. Skip it if you want. It is really not what it is cracked up to be. Sorry to spoil your dreams little girls. But it isn't.
Yeah you have to see the Eiffel tower but it is just not worth it.
I could recommend at least 10 other cities I think you should go to to get that real European experience.
You don't get that real experience in Paris. It's a trap. Unless you will be there for extended period of time maybe, like my friend Haley was so lucky to do. Or you do a heap of research.
Anyways. Enough about my rant. I could keep going but I'll just stop here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl it was so SO fun to see you in Paris. It all seems like a dream to me now... I miss you!! ♥♥haley

clay said...

Oh man. I would so totally come join you in Paris if it weren't for this massive pile of homework on my desk. I haven't taken the time to read through all of these posts (sinner, I know.) What exactly are you doing there?