Thursday, January 8, 2015

Essentially Basic: Part 1

Because sometimes I like to pretend I know what I'm talking about.
Here are (in my opinion) some very basic essentials you need in your closet.
These are just basic and then the style that I fancy and prefer.


Dark (high rise) jeans
I just suggest dark jeans because they're slimming with the dark color and skinny jeans go with absolutely everything. My personal preference is high rise because I have a long torso and you know that muffin top you could possibly have with tight skinny jeans? It's gone.

Denim shirt
I have three different washes of denim shirts. And I wear them on the regular. Under sweaters, with a skirt, with a different wash of jean, etc.

Watch
Because having to pull your phone out of your pocket gets old sometimes. Plus they look great.

Striped (navy) T-shirt
One time I went shopping with my boyfriend and I told him not to let me buy anything with stripes because my closet is full of them. He now calls me stripey whenever he sees me wearing them, which is more than I really realize. But you can buy so many different colors and so many different sizes of stripes.. Point being.. I buy them so often because I wear them so often. 

Booties
Heeled or flat. These are shoes that make your outfit look just a touch cooler without doing too much. Get them in a neutral color and you can really wear them with anything. I even wear them with shorts.

(Midi) Black pencil skirt
This one is very obvious. But one style I really love is the long midi pencil skirt. Make sure that rises high also. Such a fan.

Heather grey T-shirt
The absolute most versatile T-shirt ever. Most people would say that a white T-shirt is but I respectfully disagree. Heather grey is where it's at.

No comments: