Tuesday, January 11, 2011

a good book has no ending

i know it's customary to make your new years resolution at the very beginning of the year.
i may be ten days after the fact,
but i've finally found it.
i'm going to fall in love with books.


not that reading is hard for me, i just never felt like i had the time,
and i think the biggest problem was, literature in our day, doesn't interest me very much.
i don't like reading about wizards and warlocks. dragons and spaceships, boyfriends who cheated on me with my best friend, and so on.
i'm starting with the classics.


while at barnes and noble (getting a book i needed for english)
i stumbled upon these books
so many to choose from and so cute.
i decided on jane eyre (which is the book i'm holding in the picture)


i bought my shakespeare book for english but it was on same, if i bought another classic book, i'd get another free.
my mom bought persuasion by jane austen and i got great expectations by charles dickens.
it's going to be a splendid reading year.

1 comment:

Sara said...

we are truly one and the same! i collect those books :) i have five now and they are oooooooh so pretty on the bookshelf. i fully support your resolution. if you ever need recommendations just let me know!