Monday, November 21, 2016

Magenta Lips | Lipstick Mixing

I've been craving some new lip colors. I haven't been much of a great lipstick wearer. I had a sudden urge to just constantly wear it, but I was bored of all of the colors that I do have. I found a lip color on Pinterest that I fell in love with. I clicked through to find what it was, and it led me to a blog that said the lip color was a combination of two colors. I instantly wanted one of those colors (NARS Damned). It's a beautiful magenta. I had to have it.. But I don't have $26 lying around to spend on lipstick I won't wear often enough!

I took it into my own hands. I did what that blog did. I combined two lipsticks that I already own!



I combined Revlon Kissable Balm in Smitten and NARS Pure Matte Lipstick in Voltaire.



Smitten is just a little too pink and light. I wanted something deeper, but Voltaire was too dark. So I put one layer of Voltaire.


This looks fine. In real life it looks much darker and brown. Then I put a couple of layers of Smitten, and Voila!





I'm going to experiment all week with combining more of my lipsticks. Are you bored of yours? Make some new colors!

No comments: